To apply for a UK provisional driving licence, you must:
- Be at least 15 years and 9 months old (you can start learning to drive a car at 17)
- Have a valid UK passport or another form of identity
- Have a valid UK address
- Not have any medical conditions that would prevent you from driving safely
- Pass the DVLA’s vision test
To apply, you can either:
- Apply online at the DVLA’s website using a valid UK passport or another form of identity.
- Apply by post using a D1 application form, which can be obtained from the Post Office or from the DVLA website.
You will also need to provide a passport-style photograph of yourself and pay the fee for the provisional licence.
It is important to note that you will need to have passed the theory test before you can apply for your practical test.